EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Sept. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Phoenix Software International, Inc. today announced its intention to produce JES3add V1R2, a derivative work based on IBM’s z/OS® JES3, officially released on September 30, 2022. This release provides new features and integrates continuous delivery projects delivered over the past 12 months. Thanks to Phoenix for JES3add Customer Advisory Board, Organizations Migrating to JES3add Get the benefit of new features that rank in terms of delivering real business value to other customers.
is 3add V1R2
- Parallel SPOOL I/O – Take advantage of the Parallel Access Volumes technology supported by modern mainframe DASDs, allowing up to 8 STARTIO channel programs to run simultaneously within a single SPOOL range. This is a significant improvement over the traditional JES3 approach where only one STARTIO is allowed per SPOOL scope at a time.
- Reduced local lock contention – now native to JES3add In operation, multiple I/O completion SRBs are performed concurrently by acquiring local locks only when needed. Also, if the completed I/O only contains requests from a single address space, the SRB will dispatch directly to that address space instead of JES3add address space.
- Improved WLM Batch Initiator Balancing – Enabling this feature causes JES3plus to place batch jobs into idle initiators in the JESplex using a target percentage of initiator allocation counts derived from WLM. So far, this behavior has only occurred on JES2 systems.
“Switch to JES3add For existing IBM JES3 customers, it was the obvious choice, said Ed Jaffe, CTO of Phoenix Software International, “We reinforce this by increasing performance, and the experimental results are so compelling, they speak for themselves.” SPOOL I/O Intensive Benchmarks on† show JES3add Runs nearly twice as many jobs as IBM JES3 while reducing FICON channel utilization by 92%! Similar favorable results were observed when compared with JES2. And, since our enhancement roadmap is 100% customer driven, we believe in migrating to JES3add Not only is this the easiest and least risky option, it’s the one that makes the most sense. “
(E) yes® V6R2
(E)JES V6R2, the latest version of Phoenix Software’s modern z/OS JESplex administration tool, including enhancements to view and manage coupling facility connections and structures, the WLM scheduling environment, job classes/groups, sysplex membership, and z/OS UNIX mounts Features. Also added support for filter repositories, enabling end users to save filters and reload them.
Phoenix Software Product Release: September 2022
Phoenix Software will update its product line this month. Customers can download products through the Phoenix Software International Support Portal. Visit https://phoenixsoftware.com/support.htm#downloads. New product launches include:
- (E) is V6R2
- Condor® z/OS 26.2 z/VSE 32.1
- little Swan® z/OS 26.2 z/VSE 32.1
- entry point® 16.3
- falcon® z/OS 26.2 z/VSE 32.1
- Falcon 64® 11.2
- is 3add V1R2
- key/101® 9.2
- PHX-Adder®/PHX-guest® 7.4
- PHX-BDT® V1R2
- PHX-KeyPlus® 5.4
- PHX Carol® 7.4
About Phoenix Software International
Phoenix Software International, Inc. (https://www.phoenixsoftware.com) is a systems software development company that provides advanced software applications to businesses worldwide. The company offers a wide range of solutions to modern business challenges.
† Analysis summaries and raw benchmark SMF data are available upon request.