- Epson Introduces New Series of 40-60ppm Business Models to Close the Range Gap and Offer a Complete Line of Sustainable, Heatless Business Inkjet Multifunction Printers (MFPs)
- Epson stops selling laser printers, citing technology’s limited ability to improve sustainability performance
amsterdam , November 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Epson reaffirms its full commitment to inkjet printing with the launch of its new WorkForce Enterprise AM Series of 40-60ppm products, leveraging its piezoelectric athermal inkjet technology, filling a former gap in its A3 commercial portfolio .
The new products bring static head-of-line technology to the mid-speed market and, for Epson’s channel partners, will simplify the sales process and ensure end users have the right product while still addressing the sustainability agenda.
Inkjet technology reduces energy consumption compared to lasers, and with their compact footprint and lightweight design, these products help limit resources used during production and shipping. This reduced size also means they can easily fit into an office and save space. High-yield cartridges also reduce material usage, shipping, storage and end-of-use management of consumables.
These products represent a major shift in Epson’s printing strategy and support its commitment to sustainability. The launch coincides with the company’s decision to fully transition to inkjet printers and end global sales and distribution of its laser printers by 2026. This comes a year after Epson announced an investment of 100 billion yen in sustainable innovation and the result of limited manufacturing capacity in laser technology, a step towards greater sustainability due to increased energy use due to the need for heat in the printing process. important step.
With fewer moving and consumable parts to replace over the life of the printer than laser printers, Epson inkjet printers also require significantly less service and maintenance, resulting in less printer downtime, increased productivity and End user satisfaction.
Gareth Jay, Epson Europe Says: “The new WorkForce Enterprise AM range completes our range of commercial inkjet machines from small workgroup devices to high-speed departmental machines – meaning we have a product to fit whatever the business function or printing need. With full managed A range of support for print services, workflow and remote service solutions that enable low maintenance, high quality, reliable, sustainable printing systems.”
More about the new series
- Most compact footprint in its class with significant weight savings
- C-shaped paper feed reduces the chance of paper jams and improves reliability
- 10.1″ interface panel – smarter and more intuitive eco-print settings
- Easy-to-use automatic paper size detection and soft-close paper tray
- Easy-to-load compact high-capacity ink cartridges
- High capacity paper handling – up to 5150 sheets
- Reduced Downtime – Designed for easy internal access and fast and efficient routine maintenance
- 60ppm / 120ipm scanning capability and optional embedded OCR function
- Inner Finisher – Compact and space-saving for editing and binding documents.Optional hole punch also available
- Attachable Booklet Outer Finisher – Provides stapling, hole punching, envelope printing, saddle stitching, and half and tri-fold
Epson is a global technology leader whose efficient, compact and precise innovations enrich people’s lives and help create a better world. The company is focused on solving social issues through innovations in home and office printing, commercial and industrial printing, manufacturing, visual and lifestyle. Epson’s goal is to become carbon negative by 2050 and eliminate the use of depletable underground resources such as oil and metals.
Depend on Japan– Headquartered in Seiko Epson Corporation, the annual sales of the global Epson Group exceed 1 trillion yen.
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1952453/Epson_AM_C_Series.jpg
SOURCE Epson Europe BV