Henderson Center Open House kicks off new season
Annual Henderson Center Merchants Association Holiday Open House November 17, 5-8
A long tradition provides the community with a meeting place to gather and enjoy special treats like cookies and hot chocolate, some entertainment and 3-hour shopping specials.
Here are some examples of what’s going on:
- Take a photo with Santa at the Discovery Store. The Discovery Shop will also host a live Elf on the Shelf event and free cookies.
- Shady Lady Window Coverings and Design will provide live ukulele music and refreshments. Shady Lady also hosted local beekeeper Allen Rode, who will provide free samples of locally grown honey, infused honey and a variety of handcrafted skincare products.
- Shafer’s Ace Hardware’s is offering 30% off everything you can put in a bucket.
- Redwood Capital Bank will provide free hospitality.
- Annie’s Shoes will have a mystery raffle with 10% to 40% off purchases.
- Pacific Paper will have a drawing of an electric sit/stand desktop workstation, as well as 20% off storewide.
- Fin-N Feather Pet Shop will be running a 50/50 raffle during Open House. Tickets are $5.
- Nurture Salon & Skin Care Studio will be hosting a 7th Anniversary Party and promotion including raffle items, giveaways and refreshments.
- Toy Box will be 20% off storewide from 10am to 8pm
- The Salvation Army has a canteen on F Street. Enjoy hot chocolate and some entertainment.
- Yarn will be giving away a hot cup of holiday tea and free samples of several food items, including Dick Taylor Craft Chocolates. Visit their pop-up shop for Humboldt Essence and Needle Felt decorations for kids.
The Henderson Centre is located between D and H streets and Henderson and Harris streets in Eureka.
Tri-County Bank Launches Holiday Food Campaign
Tri-County Bank announces Tis the Season Food Drive in partnership with The Salvation Army.
The Food Campaign’s goal is to collect more than 80,000 pounds of canned and non-perishable foods starting November 1. September to December 23. All donations stay local and help the Salvation Army feed its family throughout the year.
“We are proud to be able to support those in need, especially during the holidays,” Tri Counties Bank’s Scott Robertson said in a news release. “This food campaign and our partnership with The Salvation Army allows us to help where it is most needed, and we can continue to make a positive difference in the lives of community members.”
Nonperishable and canned food donations can be dropped off at any Tri-County Bank branch. Donations can be made online at TriCountiesBank.com/TisTheSeason.
Visit TriCountiesBank.com/locations to find your local branch.