[The stream is slated to start at 6 a.m. ET. Please refresh the page if you do not see a player above at that time.]
Watch CNBC’s Sustainable Futures Forum at Friday, November 4, from 10am London time
This special live event will take place ahead of the all-important COP27 or the 2022 United Nations Climate Change Conference. The event will be a conversation between speakers and CNBC reporters about the energy crisis, the impact of the Russian-Ukrainian war, and how governments and industry can respond to the most pressing issues of earlier goals. It will focus on three key pillars: Regulation and Responsibility, Future Power and Industry Response.
Check out the rundown below (GMT):
Regulation and Liability
The time for radical action is now, but the corporate world often struggles to go beyond commitments and sustainability plans and influence real transformation. The Ukrainian war and energy crisis have exacerbated this challenge. CNBC provides a detailed analysis of how these global events are affecting green policies and initiatives, and whether they are disruptors or accelerators.
- 10:00 Alice Hill, Senior Energy Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations, former Special Assistant to President Obama
- 10:03 IATA Director General Willie Walsh
- 10:07 Sabrina Elba, IFAD Goodwill Ambassador
- 10:12 Achim Steiner, UNDP Administrator
As the world struggles to transition to cleaner energy, there is a renewed sense of urgency. The war in Ukraine and the ensuing energy crisis prompted governments and businesses to seek alternatives to fossil fuels. Is this an opportunity to accelerate clean energy investment? Or will compromises be made to ensure a stable supply?
- Arjan Meijer, CEO of Embraer Commercial Aircraft
- Pal Kildemo, CFO, Hydro
- Marta Martinez Queimadelos, CEO of Cero Generation
If companies around the world advertise their green credentials, they must be held accountable for the goals and commitments they set. Are their goals achievable? What are the consequences if the goal is not met? To what extent have they adjusted their net zero target given rising energy prices?
- 10:30 Tuuli-Anna Tiuttu, CEO and co-founder of SDG Monitor
- 10:37 Dr. Anish Shah, MD & CEO, Mahindra Group
- 10:45 Thomas Schulz, CEO of Bilfinger
- 10:45 Smith Group CEO Paul Keel
- 11:00 Livia Firth, co-founder and creative director of Eco-Age
- 11:10 Nico Rosberg CNBC ESG Committee Member