October 19, 2022
Pajida Young: Phone 651-266-8576 | Email Pajda.Yang@ci.stpaul.mn.us
Nie Wang: Phone 651-266-8566 | Email Nhia.Vang@ci.stpaul.mn.us
São Paulo honors winners and runners-up of sixth annual business awards
São Paulo has concluded and announced the winners of the sixth annual Business Awards, honoring five outstanding São Paulo businesses
St. Paul (MN) – today, The São Paulo City Council has announced the winners of the sixth annual São Paulo Business Awards and will recognize five winners and runners-up and celebrate the success of all nominees and other businesses that have chosen to do business in São Paulo at the City Council meeting at 1 p.m. Effort: October 26th at 00:00, followed by a reception. This event is open to the public and all are welcome to attend.
The award recognizes local businesses that provide critical services, contribute to the city’s community, invest in their employees, and are committed to São Paulo’s values of equity and diversity. Based on community nominations, businesses were selected for the award in one of five categories.
“We have so many nominees this year! I thank everyone who participated in the Annual Business Awards, from organizers to applicants to sector committees and more,” said Council Chair Amy Brendemoen. “I look forward to presenting the winners and celebrating the great events happening in our city on October 26.”
“Local businesses are at the heart of our community. The St. Paul Business Awards give us the opportunity to recognize the hard work our business owners do every day and thank you for doing business in St. Paul,” said Assemblyman Rebecca Knock.
The importance of the business community in São Paulo is evident in the more than 100 companies nominated for 2022. São Paulo businesses play a key role in the city’s economic vitality and will be recognized for their resilience and commitment to remain business partners during the ongoing difficulties of a pandemic that has challenged many businesses.
The 2022 winners and runners-up are:
- ABC Realty LLC – Alice O’Brien Award: Recognizing women-owned businesses committed to equity and empowerment. (runner up: black ink)
- Hmong Village Shopping Center – People’s Choice Award: Recognizes outstanding businesses recognized by the residents of São Paulo. (runner up: Swedish Hollow Cafe)
- gentlemen.Michael’s Recycled Bike – Good Neighbor Award: Recognizes businesses that are committed to improving their communities. (runner up: Vig guitar)
- NEOO Partners Inc. – Newcomer to the Neighborhood Award: Recognizing businesses that have opened in São Paulo in the past five years. (runner up: imagine)
- Selby Wine & Spirits Company – Heritage Awards: Recognizes companies that have been active in São Paulo for at least 20 years. (runner up: West End Hair Care)
The selection committee, which reviews applications and selects winners, consists of past winners from the business community in São Paulo. The committee includes:
- Abdiwali Ali, Cariboo Grocery and Deli
- Choua Vang, Golden Harvest Foods
- Kathy Sundberg, Ginkgo Cafe
- Tameka Jones, Lip Esteem LLC
To read past winners and to learn more about categories and criteria, please visit www.stpaul.gov/business-awards. The City Council will meet on Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 1:00 pm at City Hall, 15 W Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN City Council Chamber – Room 300. The event can also be viewed on the calendar of the City of São Paulo – stpaul.legistar.com or São Paulo’s Channel 18.